Welcome to the Aston Rowant Parish Council website, your convenient point of reference for all that's going on at the Parish Council for Aston Rowant, Kingston Blount, Kingston Stert and Chalford.
As well as giving easy access to the dates of council meetings, minutes, agendas, planning applications and so on, we provide links to the District and County Council websites for access to the wealth of information that these provide. News items are also posted on a regular basis which can be seen to the right of the home page. Although not affiliated with the ‘KBAR’ (Kingston Blount / Aston Rowant) Facebook page which was set up for the benefit of the Community, we also provide links from there to some of the News items on our page.
The Contact Form is the easiest way to give feedback and ask any questions you may have. These messages go through to our Parish Clerk, Stephanie Johns, who will then forward it on to the relevant Councillor.
Parish Council Chairman, Peter Tinson writes…
There is little doubt that the parish is in a beautiful part of the country. However, developments elsewhere will affect us – new housing developments in Chinnor, Thame and Princes Risborough bring increased traffic flow through the parish and services that were provided at county level are being cut. In addition, South Oxfordshire’s development plan will require some development in the Parish; the neighbourhood plan will be an important step in managing this development in line with Parishioners’ considerations. Your council is working on your behalf to try to reduce the impact of these developments and maintain the character and nature of our villages. The seven members of the Parish Council all live in the Parish. Please see Councillors to find out more information and their contact details.
The key issues for ARPC over the next few years are
* Lobbying John Howell our MP, the District/County Councillors and agencies such as Highways England, with regards to traffic flows and infrastructure development
* Obtaining private funding for traffic calming measures on the B4009
* Improving further all the footpaths and recreations areas
* Overseeing the development of a new Neighbourhood plan
* Ensuring the drainage ditches are maintained by working closely with landowners and the local farmers
* Taking over some of the services currently provided by OCC (for example grass cutting) and providing better value for money by using local contractors.
* Supporting the Citizens Advice Bureau, Air Ambulance, Chinnor Village Centre, South & Vale Carers, M40 Group, churchyard maintenance, Village Hall, Play area and Aston Rowant Cricket Club.
Our monthly meetings are open to the public and you will most welcome, whether it is to just learn about developments or to take part. I would encourage you to get involved in community activities and groups - by all working together, our parish will be an even better place to live. I hope that this website and the links it provides will help in that process.